Heavy Armoured combat is a sport, created by the SCA in which members participate in mock combat in period inspired heavy armour, it is a full contact, high speed martial combat between two or more combatants which imitates medieval battle on the field. Members use armour and weapons which adhere to SCA rules and regulations, for safety, all vital areas on the body are protected and rattan weapons are used. There are a wide variety of weapons to choose from of which striking surfaces are made of rattan.
The shire of Adamastor engages in heavy combat training on a weekly basis.
Drachenwald Armoured Combat Rules
Drachenwald Marshal’s page
- The Bellatrix Fighting School: Duke Paul of Bellatrix’ manual for heavy combat
- The Academy of European Medieval Martial Arts has an excellent list of links to period fencing manuals. Many of these manuals also include instructions on fighting with other weapons such as greatsword, polearm etc
- The Association for Renaissance Martial Arts has a good number of handy articles as well as links to period manuals. And they have some very cool video clips too
- The Armour Archive, an excellent starting point for armourer
- Vitaporten Swedish site hosting lots of fighting HowTo videos by Drachenwalders